Appropriate clinical negligence cover

Closes 28 Feb 2019

About you

1. What is your name?

2. What is your email address?

If you enter your email address then you will be able to return to edit your consultation response at any time until you submit it.

3. Are you happy for the Department of Health and Social Care to contact you by email about your response?

4. Would you like to receive updates about other Department of Health and Social Care consultations?

5. Are you responding as an individual or on behalf of an organisation?

6. Do you want to keep the information you provide confidential?


1.      Information we receive, including personal information, may be published or disclosed in accordance with the access to information regimes (primarily the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA), the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004).  

2.      If you want the information that you provide to be treated as confidential please be aware that under the FOIA there is a statutory Code of Practice which public authorities must comply with and which deals amongst other things with obligations of confidence. In view of this it would be helpful if you could explain to us why you regard the information you have provided as confidential. If we receive a request for disclosure of the information we will take full account of your explanation, as well as any exemptions that may apply in relation to the information provided, but we cannot give an assurance that confidentiality can be maintained in all circumstances. An automatic confidentiality disclaimer generated by your IT system will not of itself be regarded as binding on the Department.  

3.      The Department will process your personal data in accordance with the DPA and in most circumstances, this will mean that your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties.  

4.       A summary of the responses to this consultation will be made available before or alongside any further action and will be placed on the GOV.UK website (